ITTC fourm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isk vs LP and lvl 5 missions

3 posters

Go down

Isk vs LP and lvl 5 missions Empty Isk vs LP and lvl 5 missions

Post  lotze Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:43 am

So having run 3-4 lvl 5 missions out of Isto I'd like to make a couple observations and ask a question or two.

I went from a Q-10 lvl 4 agent to a +12 or something lvl 5. The average isk reward/bonus is around triple, which makes sense, the loot/salvage is actually generally inferior to a standard lvl 4, but the LP is like 10x as much, maybe 15x.

The hassle/risk of doing missions in lowsec don't really make sense - unless there's a tremendous LP to ISK formula I'm missing. I know you can get RF ABs and MWDs which sell well. At one point my math suggested that 1k LP = around 1mil isk, which means the lvl 5 missons I ran averaged 5mil reward/bounty + 45mil in LP (and 10-15mil in salvage/loot). Call it 60mil. The trouble is, when I looked again more carefully, the converted monetary 'value' of LP didn't seem to be as high as I'd thought.

Any thoughts? Lvl 5s are fun and challenging and I'll keep running them on weekends, at least, but I'd like to get to the bottom of why the money seems poor.

LL
lotze
lotze

http://www.thehalseys.com

Back to top Go down

Isk vs LP and lvl 5 missions Empty Re: Isk vs LP and lvl 5 missions

Post  Xanuth Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Hmm...interesting analysis of the reward you've seen so far (i'll have my own information starting today Very Happy ).

But a key part of this is....the alliance goal is to get all of the members together within Istodard acting from that hub in support of each other.

So, in order to get them there, you need to OFFER them reason's to stay there. A key component of that specifically for "combat pilots" is the access to lvl 5 missions, so they can make ISK when not fighting.

The lvl 5 missions being run out of Istodard are much bigger than just ISK potential.
Xanuth
Xanuth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mack Saskuatch Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:21 am

I would agree with the evaluation of 1million per 1000 loyal points and that the pay in L5 missions is the loyalty points not the actual isk.

If you factor that into account the price of factions battleships have dropped over the last year, (350 million for a navy megathron etc is a bargin given they were selling for as much as a carrier) its because of L5 mission runners. That said I think you are supposed to cash in the LP's for faction items that can be sold on the market, (or keep) and would agree the faction ABs and extenders are probably worth trading in / selling.

I think the secret to make it work are smaller gangs or 3-4 but like xan said the idea of L5s is to get people down in low sec so they have another form of income. This is great practice for wormhole encounter sites where teams have to work together. Personally I will still participant in the logistics role, (I don't recieve any LPs because of standing hits) anything that gets corp and alliance members "do-ing stuff" is a bonus to any plan we put into practice in the future.

Mack
Mack Saskuatch
Mack Saskuatch

Back to top Go down

Post  lotze Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:29 pm

Just an update on spending LP. I've just blown through 200k LP or so (I mission a lot).

Faction gear isn't that great, ratio-wise. The RF Warp disruptor is the best in the game, but the conversion works out to around 550 isk to 1 LP (vs 1k = 1LP).

For skillbooks it's interesting, and hardwiring implants for personal use.

Best success I've had recently is lvl 3 implants: 5.25mil isk and 5.25k LP and you sell 'em for over 10. The trouble is when the prices dip to 8mil, but presently in molden heath they sell briskly at 10-11.5mil. Just made a shitload on that getting rid of 90k LP all in +3 implants.

That suggests to me that the money is actually good. The trouble is, the risk is high. Staying in one place for 45min in lowsec is asking for trouble. Best way is to get more ppl, to finish mission faster and have some security (couple cloaked PVP ships in a mission site is awesome) but then the split is weakened and defeats the purpose.

Other thoughts?
lotze
lotze

http://www.thehalseys.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down